Position: Aero-Mechanical Engineer
Troy7 is seeking an Aero-Mechanical Engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency’s Targets and Countermeasures development programs. The engineer will provide structural design and analysis Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support for monitoring and evaluating target vehicle prime contractor performance in the design, manufacture and test of ballistic missile targets.
Location: Huntsville, AL
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze technical documentation to assess adherence to requirements, identify risks, and propose solutions to technical problems. Analysis includes assessment of shock/vibration/environmental requirements, stress and loads analysis.
- Provide technical inputs and recommendations to engineering plans and technical requirements
- Generate technical briefings and decision packages
- Provide status reports of activities and project plans
- Represent the interests of the customer in Working Groups, forums, Technical Interchange Meetings and Failure Review Boards
- Represent the interests of the customer for structural related issues in Failure Review Boards, Material Review Boards, Working Groups, Integrated Product Teams, Engineering Review Boards, Change Control Boards and Technical Interchange Meetings
- Review and provide recommendations on Prime Contractor Objective Evidence in support of major milestone reviews. These include System Requirements Reviews (SRRs), Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Ship Readiness Reviews, and Product Acceptance Reviews.
- BS in Engineering or related Technical Degree
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- 15+ years’ experience with missile systems and component design, analysis, development and test
- Familiarity with standard structural design practices for missile and space flight vehicles
- Familiarity with engineering drawings and geometric tolerance practices
- Demonstrated experience with aerodynamic and structural loads and stress analysis
- Experience with development and qualification testing
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (e.g. MS Word, Project, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of modeling tools such as CAD, CREO and NX
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Familiarity with MDA system engineering processes
- Development and delivery of presentations to peers and/or management
- Masters’ Degree in Engineering or related technical degree