Position: System Architecture Modeling Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Troy 7, Inc. is seeking an engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency, Ground Based Midcourse Defense Program Office, providing system architecture modeling and systems engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Participate in Architecture Working Groups (AWGs) and other engineering working groups with stakeholders from Prime Contractor(s), MDA Systems Engineering, GM Systems Engineering and other MDA organizations to resolve and document system architecture design, perform requirement gap analysis using the system architecture model, and incorporate additional functionality impacting the existing system architecture model.
- Develop Architecture Design Description (ADD), Operations Concept (OPSCON), Concept of Operations (CONOPS) architecture products, and develop decision briefings and coordinate cost and schedule impacts for incorporation of proposed system architecture changes.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- The candidate must have BMD system engineering and integration background.
- Experience developing and maintaining Model Based Systems Engineering products.
- Experience with some, or any of the following: GMD Fire Control (i.e., battle management, command, control, and communications); Ground Based Interceptor (GBI); Kill Vehicle (KV); MDA Radar Systems; Command Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC); or Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) assets.
- Must work effectively with other systems engineers and with external organizations in an Integrated Product Team environment.
- The candidate must have ability to develop solutions to a wide range of complex system-of-systems technical problems that require ingenuity, innovation and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, ability to manage and support multiple tasks simultaneously, and ability to develop, document, and maintain system architecture models.
- Working knowledge of SysML within a MBSE environment to develop system architecture models.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) diagrams.
- The candidate must have strong coordination, organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Position requires an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
Desired Skills and Background:
- Bachelors of Science degree in a science, math or engineering discipline
- Medium to advanced proficiency with IBM Rational Rhapsody Modeling Tools
- Ability to develop new system architecture modeling tools
- Experience developing scripts
- 5+ years of engineering experience in aerospace/defense industry
- 3+ years of experience on GMD Program
- Familiarity with GMD components (GFC, GBI, EKV), sensors, C2BMC and interfaces