Position: Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
- Troy 7, Inc. is seeking a GNC engineer to support multiple programs. Navigation functions include the statistical processing of measured data points and their substitution into algorithms simulating physical reality. Guidance functions include the formulation of specific equations to achieve a desired position, orientation or orbit in space. Control design and analyses processes consist of the development of the control laws and hardware and software requirements for launch vehicles.
- Both full time and surge support positions are available.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, verify and test algorithms, software, simulation tools, and systems to perform guidance, navigation and control of missiles and launch vehicles
- Perform trade studies to identify design solutions to meet program requirements.
- Develop control laws to meet vehicle performance and stability margin requirements
- Develop vehicle system linear and non-linear dynamic simulation models
- Analyze vehicle test data and support ground and flight test activities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics.
- Expertise in Autopilot, Guidance, Navigation, and Control System design, analysis and test
- 5 years of coursework or work experience in control systems engineering.
- 5 years of experience using MATLAB/MatrixX or similar tool to perform modeling of complex systems.
- 5 years or more experience with aircraft, missile, spacecraft, or launch vehicle Guidance, Navigation or Control systems
- Highly Preferred: Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- 3 years or more experience with implementing algorithms in real time systems
- 3 years or more experience in computer programming using C, C++, C#, Ada or other programming language
- Ten or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience
- Some travel required, depending upon program requirements