Position: Intermediate Engineer – Quality and Mission Assurance
Location: Huntsville, AL
Troy 7, Inc. is seeking a driven individual to provide engineering support to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Quality, Safety and Mission Assurance organization, specifically within the Targets and Countermeasures Quality organization (TCQ).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with implementation and support of collaborative Supplier Quality Management methodologies, including development and updating of key program plans, policies, best practices, and strategies for effective supply chain management
- Review Government requirements documents and supplier hardware technical requirements for product assurance compliance and assist with addressing issues
- Evaluate contracts for compliance with MDA Assurance Provisions (MAP) requirements
- Verify quality requirements flow-down and implementation
- Support engineering reviews and technical interchange meetings; monitor configuration management; monitor testing and qualification activities; support Failure Review Boards; support change control boards; and monitor software controls.
- Review nonconformance reports for effective root cause and corrective action and report quality impacts and trends to Program Office leadership
- Prepare documentation and support or lead Pedigree Review meetings as required
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and communication skills to foster efficient workflow across multiple parties including: government customers, technical staff, and other contractors.
- Interface with local DCMA, MDA program engineering, MDA quality technical experts, and supplier engineering, manufacturing, quality and senior management.
- Participate in weekly IPTs and various program management reviews
- Participate in facility walkthroughs and supplier audits at prime and sub-tier supplier locations
- Support Target Pre-ship Readiness Reviews and pre-mission activities prior to launch
- Travel on occasion, approximately once per month; estimated 20%
- U.S. citizenship
- Currently possess a DOD Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Experience evaluating Quality Management Systems for robustness, compliance to requirements, and recommending improvements
- Understands Supplier Quality Management with experience in assessing/evaluating mission critical hardware and/or software and investigating root cause of failures and/or nonconformances
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a related technical discipline
- 10+ years of engineering experience in MDA or a similar DoD environment
- Experience with Obsolescence
- Experience with EEE parts