Position: Materials Engineer (Advanced)
Location: Huntsville, AL
Troy 7, Inc. is seeking a driven individual with material engineering experience who is resilient in nature when working towards completion of his/her tasks. The Engineer will support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Quality, Safety and Mission Assurance (QS) organization providing support to the BMDS Program.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, formulates, and executes material related engineering research, review, analysis, and recommendations development
- Provides expertise on complex Metallurgy and or Materials technical problems
- Develops recommendations for requirements, evaluation of risk mitigation implementations, and review supplier’s development and production efforts
- Conducts reviews and implementation of the MDA Parts, Materials and Processes Mission Assurance Plan (PMAP) and Supply Chain Risk Management as it relates to MDA Parts, Materials and Processes across the BMDS Program to verify contractor compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Evaluates implementation of quality and mission assurance policy, procedures, standards, and metrics to verify compliance, determine effectiveness, identify improvement opportunities, and refine best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering or Chemistry. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Expertise in the areas of metallurgy, galvanic couples, welding, surface treatments, castings and composites, and hazardous material
- Knowledge of principles, practices, concepts, standards, methods, and theories of materials engineering (polymers, ceramics, metals, composites, resins, adhesives, painting, finish treatments and manufacturing processes)
- Expertise on parts and material product failures to include knowledge of materials analysis equipment (e.g., Scanning Electron Microscopes, Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy testing, Rockwell Hardness, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), X-Ray, etc.)