Position: Senior Missile Electronics Systems Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Troy 7, Inc. is seeking a Senior Missile Electronics System Engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Program, Ground Systems Team with Ground Based Interceptor (GBI) electronics design engineering, guidance and navigation technologies and engineering documentation.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute system engineering functions with a focus on the Ground Based Interceptors avionics packages and guidance and navigation technologies – evaluating designs, requirements, component enhancements, component failure review process and failure closure processes
- Review proposed requirements changes in higher level specifications for impacts to the Ground System (GS) baseline. Reviews should be proactive and at all levels of the MDA organization (BMD System Spec, through GMD Element Spec, down to GS Spec) to ensure early identification of disconnects.
- Review peer/counterpart specifications for consistency with GS baseline on sensors, C2BMC, and GBI performance specifications/interface specifications to ensure peer/counterpart documents accurately reflect the GS baseline
- Perform systems engineering for Integration at the Element and Component Levels in accordance with the GM Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) and Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP): Perform Systems Interface Integration and system timing analysis; Support Warfighter coordination and integration; Work with component developers to review and assess verification plans for GS and GBI components including support equipment, facilities, and interfaces to other system elements; Work with component and product developers to review and assess plans and processes for conducting design/critical Component/Product issue resolution.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have a Secret Clearance, prefer Top Secret
- BS Degree required, MS Degree preferred in Electronics Engineering or related technical field
- 10+ years of related electronic engineering/system engineering experience preferably with GMD or MDA engineering programs from a Prime development level or service support level effort – the Ground Based Interceptor capabilities and enhancements with a focus on the GBI Avionics package
- Proficiency in written and verbal skills as well as MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products on schedule
- Preferred MDA Engineering and Interface requirements experience
- Capability to develop and present program briefings to senior management-level personnel