Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Huntsville, AL
Troy 7, Inc. is seeking a Systems Engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency’s Targets and Countermeasures Short/Medium Range Ballistic Missile Targets Program Office, for Systems Engineering of Re-entry Vehicles/Payloads.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform ballistic missile target requirements analysis in support of system capability definition, design, build, test and integration, and flight test execution.
- Apply sound engineering principles to develop and decompose system, sub-system and component level requirements.
- Plan for and execute support to the Government for Systems Engineering Reviews
- Evaluate threat description documents to translate into target requirements documents. Work with stakeholders to develop system performance specifications
- Support System Engineering Reviews and major milestone reviews at Prime and Subcontractors. Review and provide recommendations on Objective Evidence in support of major reviews.
- Review Target Prime Contractor analyses plans and verification approach for feasibility and quality controls.
- Represent the interests of the customer in working group forums and in Technical Interchange Meetings; provide meeting results to the Government System Engineer
- DoD Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or related field with 7 years’ experience
- Demonstrated understanding of systems engineering processes. Well versed in analysis and verification of requirements
- Experience with basic MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Experience with Missile Defense Agency
- Experience with target vehicles and payloads
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS
- Capability to develop and present briefings to peers and senior management-level personnel
- Strong system analysis background, including systems engineering and integration responsibilities at system or component level